With an atmosphere steeped in local history, Newlyn Antiques and Cottage Garden
Nursery, located by the side of the Midland Highway between Daylesford and
Creswick, has an extensive range of wares to suit people of all ages and interests,
including European, American, Asian and Australian pieces from the Mid 1700s to the 20th Century. The antiques store is spread across three buildings.
The Cottage Built in 1853 by the Yellands who relocated from the town of Newlyn on the Cornish coast and are responsible for the naming of the township. The Restorers Shed, and The Hall Established in 1886 and previously the Mechanics Institute and Free Library before being relocated from the Newlyn reserve to its current location approximately 20 years ago. The property has been an antiques store ever since and John and Fay Hungerford
became proprietors in 1996.
These three buildings are set amidst the Cottage Garden Nursery (founded in 2005 in memory of John William Boyle Hungerford Senior and his wife Jean) and beautifully landscaped grounds with mature examples of plants for sale, where visitors are encouraged to wander and gain inspiration for their own plantings. Specialising in Heritage varieties of apples, pears and Iris, but including a huge selection of fruiting, flowering and decorative shrubs and trees, Leucadendron, Proteas, and Succulents, Peonies, Camelias, Table & Wine grapes